Friday, March 7, 2014

An Affair

An Affair is a piece of video work I found online, and I felt it deserved to be viewed by my readers. To me it's a poem set to moving images. Whatever it is called, I happened to really like it.

Here is a still:




It is artful, cool and fashion-y, but it also distills the pain, hopelessness and the ambivalence of someone trapped by their alcohol abuse.

For professionals working in fashion, arts, and even advertising, how do you balance the romanticism of urbanity, nightlife, alcohol, creativity and fashion with the sometimes brutal and painful reality of alcohol abuse?

I think that the creator of An Affair knows she has an issue with alcohol. She uses images and video segments from alcohol ads designed to make it glamourous. But... reality is far from it.

Enjoy this very personal work.

For some reason I can't directly link it on the page.

Soon, my site will be relocating to a more sophisticated platform...

No comments:

Post a Comment